Prof. Djoko Santoso serve as a professor in Exploration Geophysics. He was the Rector of Institute Technology Bandung (2005-2010) and also former Rector of University of Indonesia (2012-2013). He was the Director General of Higher Education (DGHE) , Ministry of Education and Culture (2010-2014).
As a geologist and geophysicist he has some experience as a Private Consultant to some National and International Oil and Gas Companies and Engineering Firm.
He is a member of some professional international and national organization such as Active Member of Society of Exploration Geophysicist (SEG-US), Active Member of American Society of Petroleum Geologist (AAPG-US), Life Member of Southeast Asian Geotechnical Society (SEAGS), Indonesian Association of Geologist, Geophysical Socity of Indonesia (the President on 2006-2008), Indonesian Institute of Engineer (Member of Expert Group and Chairman of Earth and Energy Engineering Chamber)). As a DGHE he succesfully produced Indonesia Higher Education Act, Medical Education Act and Engineering Act. He restructured higher education system in Indonesia, included basic principle, form, governance and operation.
During his carees as an expert and engineer in his fields he received some award/recoqnition such as Indonesia Development Medal, Life Member of Geophysical society of Indonesia, AIT Hall of Fame, Honorary Fellow of Asean Federation of Engineer, and Ph.D. in Engineering (Honorary) from National United University Taiwan.
Prof. Djoko Santoso was graduated for first degree in Geological Engineering from Institute of Tecnology Bandung, Indonesia (1976), received Post Graduate Diploma in Seismology from International Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering Tokyo, Japan (1979), Master of Science in Geotechnical Engineering from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand (1982), and received a Doctor of Engineering Degree in Geological Engineering from Institute of Technology Bandung (1990).
Research interest: general exloration geophysics especially gravity method for energy, resources and engineering, e.g.:
- Human security Engineering (Application of Microgravity Method for Energy and Disaster prevention in the Cities), COE Program Kyoto University –ITB, 2003-2010.
- Pilot Study for CCS in Gundih Area, 2011-present.
- Microgravity study of Bandung Basin Area.
- Microgravity study of geothermal fields.
Listed in the Scopus
- Warsa, Grandis, H., Parnadi, W.W. & Santoso, D., 2014, Multi-dimensional inversion modeling of surface nuclear magnetic resonance (SNMR) data for groundwater exploration, Journal of Engineering and Technological Sciences, v. 46, n. 2.
- Wahyudi, E.J., Santoso, D., Kadir, W.G.A., & Alawiyah, S., 2014, Designing a genetic algorithm for efficient calculation in time-lapse gravity inversion, Journal of Engineering and Technological Sciences, v. 46, n.1.
- Sadarviana, V., Hasanuddin, Z.A., Joenil, K., Santoso, D., Irwan, G., Wijaya, D., Ilham, H., Agung, N, Achmad, R.T., Pangeran, C., Martin, S. & Gamal, M. 2014, Identification of slip surface location by TLS-GPS datafor landslide mitigation case study: Ciloto-Puncak, West Java, AIP Conference Proceedings.
- Warsa, W., Grandis, H., Parnadi, W.W. & Santoso, D. 2014, Three-dimensional inversion of Magnetic Resonance Sounding (MRS) for groundwater detection, International Journal of Technology.
- Sadarviana, V., Abidin, H.Z., Santoso, D. & Kahar, J., 2013, Characteristic, type and slip surface estimation at landslide zone by geodetic method: Study area: Landslide zone at Ciloto-Puncak, West Java, 34th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing 2013, ACRS 2013
- Warsa, W., Grandis, H., Parnadi, W. & Santoso, D. 2013, 3-D SNMR inversion of water content, Near Surface Geoscience 2013
- Alawiyah, S., Santoso, D., Kadir, W.G.A. & Matsuoka, T. 2012 Time-lapse microgravity application for estimating fluid density changes of multilayer reservoir using DSMVD technique, Society of Petroleum Engineers – International Petroleum Technology Conference 2012, IPTC 2012.
- Kadir, W.G.A., Santoso, D. & Sarkowi, M. 2010, Mathematical model of time-lapse vertical gradient microgravity measurement and its application for subsurface mass change and vertical ground movement (subsidence) identification, case study: Semarang alluvial plain, Central Java, Indonesia, Far East Journal of Mathematical Sciences, v. 37, n. 2, pp. 181-192..
- Kadir, W.G.A., Santoso, D.& Alawiyah, S. 2007, Principle and application of 4D microgravity survey for engineering purpose, case example: Groundwater level lowering and subsidence in residential area of Jakarta, Proceedings of the Symposium on the Application of Geophyics to Engineering and Environmental Problems, SAGEEP.
- Sukmono, S., Zen, M.T., Hendrajaya, L., Kadir, W.G.A., Santoso, D. & Dubois, J. 1997, Fractal pattern of the Sumatra fault seismicity and its possible application to earthquake prediction, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, v. 87, n. 6.
- Sukmono, S., Zen, M.T., Kadir, W.G.A., Hendrajaya, L., Santoso, D. & Dubois, J. 1996, Fractal geometry of the Sumatra active fault system and its geodynamical implications, Journal of Geodynamics, v. 22, n. 1/2, pp. 1-9.
- Santoso, D., Alam, S., Hendrajaya, L., Alfian, Munadi, S. & Purwoko, 1996, Reservoir fluid identification and elastic modulus determination using AVO, Journal of Applied Geophysics, v.35, is. 2-3, pp. 159-165.
- Santoso, D. & Manik, P. 1996, A land of fascination and natural resources, Leading Edge (Tulsa, OK).
- Santoso, D. & Hendrajaya, L., Untung, M. 1996, Geophysical education in Indonesia, Leading Edge (Tulsa, OK).